The purpose: The existing post-purchase lifecycle was a simple "thank you" email with a product recommendation grid. Performance was low, in terms of both engagement and revenue.
The strategy: Rethink the purpose behind a post-purchase lifecycle. What are we trying to accomplish? What action do we want our customers to take? What do our customers need from us? When do they need to hear it?
- I used UGCs, displayed dynamically by product purchased, to reinforce the purchase they made.
- I included dynamic YouTube videos based on product type, material, and brand.
- I didn't focus at all on a second purchase.
- uCTR increased 109% in the first month
- Open/click revenue attribution (excluding Apple Privacy opens) increased 301%