- Name: Meredith Darling
- Current city: Austin
- Phone: 214.300.1584
- Email: email@example.com
El Pasoan turned Austinite just trying to make my my impression on the interactive industry. My career has taken a few twists and turns. Above all I’m at my happiest when work is challenging, productive, and rewarding.
Willing to relocate for the right opportunity.
Travel prone. Entrepreneur. Dog lover. Shopaholic. Texan. Cheez-it eater. Happy hour enthusiast. Avid reader.
2018 May - 2018 Ongoing
- Solely responsible for all aspects of marketing, from content creation, email development and strategy, social media, and customer experience.
- Redesigned the email marketing strategy that resulted in an 81% increase in direct response after two months, 94% increase in clicks, and 26% increase in conversions.
- Works closely with Director of Product in creation of our IP, the itinerary builder, focusing on the guest journey, UX design, and brand compliance.
- Currently designing our future-state marketing plan, focusing largely on driving engagement through the redesign (my second on staff) of promotional and trigger emails as our newest product updates are released.
- Wrote company brand statements (mission and positioning statements) and brand guidelines (copy, design, voice).
- Constantly monitoring analytics to identify trends and pursuing the right course of action.
2015 May - 2018 April
Senior Account Executive
- Managed, strategized, and analyzed email for Microsoft Store and Windows Store promotional efforts, automations, triggers, and custom landing pages globally.
- Redesigned a variety of CRM email initiatives to spike customer engagement and brand loyalty such as welcome path, we miss you, cart abandon, browse abandon, and post-purchase lifecycle, including automation logic.
- Developed promotional email strategy and editorial plans quarterly, layering in target audience strategy with testing objectives and KPI optimization.
- Created segmentation and list strategy (including list integrity and health) plans based on engagement and purchase behavior).
- Reported on front and back end performance metrics, analyzing against KPIs, and implements lift strategies with constant testing (RTO, multivariate, and A/B).
- Directly managed and was responsible for the growth and mentorship of two Account Executives.
- Developed a tool of customizable email templates within ExactTarget, allowing international markets to support promotions in a timely, branded fashion.
- Oversaw all US and international deliverables to ensure brand cohesiveness on a global level, including templates and HTML best practices.
- Collaborated closely with the client, data managers, project managers, designers, and software engineers.
- Presented revenue forecasting and monthly reporting against benchmarks.
2015 November - 2016 November
Social Media Manager (part-time)
BarkHappy is an Austin-born app that allows you to find other dogs nearby, and discover dog friendly restaurants, stores, hotels, parks, and more, including their pet policies and amenities. I helped the company grow a part-time social media manager.
- Created social media content for all company brand channels including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Graphic and design work.
- Event promotion, coordination, and management.
- Email content writing and development.
2013 December - 2015 April
MOSAK Advertising & Insights
My time at MOSAK was a whirlwind, in a good way. The people there were so hard working and brilliant at their jobs. I learned about industries I hadn’t ever though twice about before, and grew exponentially as an employee and manager.
- Was responsible for the entire Interactive Department including social media, email, text, SEM, and web development.
- Managed a team of four including two developers, a content strategist, and a digital advertising specialist.
- Developed interactive site architecture and programming code for new websites and other web projects.
- Coded, tested, and deployed emails using responsive design for up to 16 clients.
- Coordinated interactive/web content with other client promotional and marketing materials to ensure copy and content was current and supported/enhanced the overall strategic marketing plan.
- Created strategy and launch plans for a variety of online advertising formats like Facebook Ads and Google AdWords.
- Managed and maintained web server.
- Custom-code Facebook app development.
2013 April - 2013 November
Social Media Support Specialist
- Filtered, reviewed, and posted customer service and product issue responses on social media venues by using a social CRM on the Samsung Mobile and MLB.TV accounts.
- Engaged with customers and prospective customers by using social media to monitor, respond, and engage with information being circulated about the brand.
2011 July - 2013 January
Social Media Delivered
Social Media Manager
It all started when I was suggested a book by the local Women’s Business Council via email. The book was titled “Social Media for the CEO”. I was intrigued, and after I read it I contacted the writer, asking for an internship. From intern, to Social Media Specialist and finally Social Media Manager… I learned so much and met amazing people.
- Managed social media campaigns for over ten clients.
- Interacted, monitored, and measured analytics for clients’ social accounts and provided regular status updates.
- Trained and consulted on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter strategies for B2B and B2C companies.
- Oversaw three interns in the Austin intern program.
- Wrote blogs frequently on social trends.
- Optimized and wrote over twenty LinkedIn profiles for companies and high-level employees.
- Led process improvement project to document and strategize company’s policies and procedures.
2010 January - 2011 September
Gail Darling Staffing
Dallas Regional Manager
- Government contract analysis and lead research.
- Designed and developed company website.
- SalesForce Marketing Cloud/Exact Target, Pardot, MailChimp
- Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Google Analytics, Mode, Mixpanel, Tableau
- Email strategy
- Segmentation, testing
- Data analytics
- HTML, CSS
- Customer journey
- Brand management
- Facebook/Instagram advertising