Dynamic Content and Personalization
The purpose: According to Business Insider, 71% of shoppers expect personalized marketing from brands. I used Movable Ink and native dynamic tools to bring the custom experience to email.
The strategy: Since our Abandon lifecycle emails have the biggest ROI, I started by creating Abandon banners in ad hoc campaigns. From there I implemented more shopping enhancements and dynamic content placements.
- Cart/Browse Abandon
- Populated AfterPay price of abandoned product
- Included TryNow language if eligible product
- Populated number of items in cart
- Shop Your Size - pulled product recommendations based on the last size they purchased. Also displayed quantity in that size if 15 or below
- Social Snowball - a banner for people in the Social Snowball ambassador program
- TryNow - a badge would appear on eligible products
- Instagram - latest posts
- Blog - latest blog posts
The results: These small placements in ad hoc emails resulted in $211K+ in incremental last click revenue and a 34% decrease in opt-outs.
See more personalization in the email template here.