The purpose: Welcome uCTR was beginning to decline. I wanted to see if users who signed-up through different entry points behaved differently.
- I mapped out all the subscription entry points, the lists they join, and the comms they receive.
- Then I compared the behaviors of subscribers from different entry points against each other.
- I looked at engagement, focusing on popular content and dropoff points. This research included working with Social and eCommerce teams to identify their top content.
- Finally, I compared what products subscribers were purchasing against total new customer eCommerce purchases.
It was clear that in some cases we over-complicated and over-communicated things. The lifecycle needed a refresh to focus on top-performing content and a narrow focus on our core products.
I did this through efforts such as:
- Dynamic, behavioral-based content
- Name and brand personalization
- Targeting channel preference
- Design optimization
The results: I was able to make significant impacts on the Welcome lifecycle (email and SMS) performance. Combined results 2022 vs. 2021.
- 37% increase in last click revenue
- 31.4% increase in click conversion
- 24.2% increase in unique click through rate